Love going to the Farmer’s Market? Do you want your kids to learn how food is grown? Join us as we explore and cook with fresh herbs right from our kitchen garden on site and plenty of produce from local farms! We will make stir-fry, salads with homemade dressings, rainbow pasta salad, smoothies, chocolate cupcakes with a secret ingredient, homemade pizza, fruit popsicles, and much more. We will cook and eat the rainbow this week at camp, which color will be your favorite?
CHEFS AT THE MARKET DETAILS:
* Date: July 16 – July 19
* Time: 10am-1pm
* Ages: 4-8
* Cost: $230
* Materials & Food we prepare in class is included each day
* Location: Kitchen House
Throughout the week our campers will:
* Collaborate to create the menu for each day.
* Practice a variety of kitchen skills during our hands-on cooking projects
* Chefs will practice preparing foods with fresh herbs and vegetables from the Kitchen House garden, along with a bounty of Farmer’s Market Produce!
* Learn more about growing your own food from a local Farmer
* Plant Seeds and learn about plant growth
No need to pack anything but a water bottle, campers will make their own snacks and lunch each day! Please let us know if your child has any dietary restrictions.
More information about all of our camps & classes:
Our camp is well suited for kids who thrive in a structured environment. We’ve put much thought into creating the kind of camp that we’d love to send our own kids to. We keep our camps small in size (maximum 12-15 campers) and teach each camp ourselves with the help of our trusted and experienced staff.