We diced carrots, celery, and bell peppers. We grated ginger and learned how to smash and press garlic. As we worked, a few kids announced they were NOT going to eat this. They were certain they were not going to like it.
So, we talked about how we may think we don’t like a certain food, but that it’s really all about how it’s prepared. Once our fried rice was complete, everyone tasted it. The majority asked for seconds…and even some to take home.
They couldn’t get enough!
- 3 cups cooked brown (or white) rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger or freshly grated about 1/2'”
- 3 tsp garlic or 2-3 cloves minced
- 3 cups petite chopped vegetables - carrots, onion, celery, corn, bell peppers, broccoli, or frozen peas.
- 1-2 scrambled eggs
- 1. Add olive oil to pan and heat over med-high heat.
- 2. Add the vegetables to cook and cook until tender-crisp.
- 3. Add the cooked rice & Stirfry on med-high heat.
- 4. Mix soy sauce, garlic (if using ground), ginger, and sesame oil together in a bowl or mason jar. Pour over vegetables and mix together.
- 5. Scramble in egg just before done. Cook through.
- 5. Top with additional soy sauce if needed.
- TIPS: Use whatever vegetables you have. Don’t have to be accurate with measurements. Be flexible and this could be one of the quickest, healthiest meal to make!