Last week in the kitchen, we made Baked Oat Cups. In our classes, we practiced measuring ingredients, whisking, stirring and scooping. While these slightly sweet baked goodies cooked, we played Fruit & Vegetable Bingo. We learned why blueberries are called star berries, and we talked about why we should eat plants (because they make us feel good)!
These work well for a make-ahead quick breakfast item, an after school snack, or even as a dessert – served with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup blueberries, diced apples or other fruit of choice
- Non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, milk and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Add cinnamon, oats and baking powder. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Using the ⅓ cup that you used for the maple syrup, fill muffin tins. You will get 10-12 muffin cups when done. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before removing,
- Store in an air-tight container or Ziplock bag in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.