We don’t just roast Brussels sprouts, we bowl with them! Kids this week in class will use a brussel sprout ‘bowling ball’ to knock down a carrot stick pins! Thank goodness we saved most of them to cook with and turn them into a yummy side dish!
My eight year old will say this is his favorite vegetable. He WAS the worst vegetable eater, so its possible! I let him chop them at dinner time, season them and he just eventually liked them. This is what happens to MOST of the kids in our classes too!
We can’t wait to share what percentage of our 86 students in class each week will try and like this recipe! Stay tuned on Facebook 🙂
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts (1 ‘bag’)
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder (or just an even sprinkle)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated and/or shavings
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts and trim ends off slightly.
- Cut in ½, unless very small, leave whole.
- Place on parchment or foiled lined baking sheet.
- Spray our drizzle olive oil, sprinkle garlic, salt and pepper all over and toss to evenly coat.
- Place in oven for about 10 minutes. Toss and turn over to evenly cook.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and place bag in oven for another 10-15 minutes or until browned and outer layer is crunchy.
- Place thin shavings of parmesan cheese on top when after you take out of oven, optional.
- **This Roasted method can be done with carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, and more! Kids might enjoy roasted veggies over steamed.