- 1 3/4 cup spelt flour or white-whole wheat
- 1 envelope yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3-cup warm water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Additional flour for kneading
- 1-cup pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Other toppings spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, basil, mushrooms, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine undissolved yeast and very warm water into bowl. Leave it alone for a little bit.
- Then, add the oil and salt and stir.
- Add 1 1⁄2 cup of flour and mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- You can do this in a food processor or mixer but we did it by hand. Gradually add enough
- remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
- Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic,
- about 4 minutes. Pat dough with floured hands to fill pizza pan or baking sheet. (Can use
- parchment paper.)
- Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough. Spread with pizza sauce.
- Top with desired toppings and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 10-12 minutes for large pizza and about 8 minutes for mini-
- pizzas, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.