This week in class, we made holiday colored smoothies. Fruit smoothies
with a handful of spinach. We used frozen fruit rather than ice to keep
our smoothies as flavorful as possible. The kids were dubious about the
spinach at first, but they couldn’t taste it once everything was blended
together. A great way to get more greens into your family’s diet!
- 1 banana or 1 cup pineapple
- 10 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Handful of chopped spinach or kale
- Splash of juice (just make sure its 100% juice)
- Handful of ice
- Sprinkle of Stevia or honey, optional
- To create a layered look with the separate flag colors, blend each ingredient individually and pour into cups after each ‘color/ingredient’
- *If you prefer a creamier, dairy base smoothie – use milk and leave the ice out.
- *You can also freeze fresh fruit or use store bought frozen fruit to blend without
- ice. Works well if your blender is not very powerful.