In honor of Healthy Kids Day happening at YMCA’s all around the country tomorrow, I’m having a “Healthy Kids” Giveaway. See below for more info on the Giveaway!
*Below information was taken from YMCA of Greater Williamson County’s website.
On Saturday, April 27 (in Cedar Park, Hutto* & Round Rock), the YMCA of Greater Williamson County is encouraging all kids and parents throughout Central Texas to come to the Y and get a jump on summer and beyond by committing to being active every day. It’s all part of the Y’s Healthy Kids Day – the nation’s largest health day for families. The free event will be held from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and feature activities such as health screenings, safety demonstrations, games, inflatables, summer program registrations and more.
As a leading nonprofit strengthening community through healthy living, the Y holds Healthy Kids Day to teach healthy habits to kids and inspire a lifetime love of physical activity. At a time when one in three children in the United States are overweight or obese (according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), developing healthier habits that include increased physical activity is more important than ever. As part of the Healthy Kids Day initiative, the Y – along with hundreds of thousands of parents and kids nationwide – is also getting a jump on summer this year by addressing critical gaps in health and education that cause kids to be at risk for childhood obesity and suffer summer learning loss. Research shows that without access to activities that stimulate the mind and body, kids are more prone to gain weight and fall behind academically over the summer months.
Healthy Kids Day, which is supported locally by Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas, will be celebrated at nearly 1,900 Ys across the country.
For more information, contact your local Y branch location in Cedar Park (Twin Lakes Family YMCA: 512-250-9622), Hutto (Hutto Family YMCA: 512-846-2360), Round Rock (CHASCO Family YMCA: 512-246-9622) or Taylor (Taylor Family YMCA: 512-365-9622).
COME VISIT KIDS KITCHEN TOMORROW – Register to win our Door Prize and get a REAL FOOD taste!
Healthy Kids Giveaway
Giveaway starts Friday, April 26th, 2013.
Giveaway ends Monday May 13th, 2013.
WHAT ONE LUCKY KID WILL WIN:
(you must live within the cities of Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Hutto, Lakeway, Cedar Park, Leander, or Liberty Hill to win the grocery shopping tour part of the package!)
Perfect for a 4-18 year old child. $125 Value Package!
1. Grocery Shopping Tour with a Registered Dietitian that specializes in child nutrition (me!) – A personalized tour at your local grocery store for one child and his/her parents! We will have so much fun by the child showing me their favorite foods, all the while learning how to read food labels, learning how to shop for a healthy meal, and participating in a scavenger hunt!
2. A copy of No Whine with Dinner Cookbook by Liz Weiss, MS, RD & Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD – 150 healthy, kid-tested recipes from THE MEAL MAKEOVER MOMS. A book to give you everything you need to get cooking with recipes that have already been kid-tested and approved!
3. A Kid sized Apron – in a fun kid print apron sized just for a kid!
4. Your own plastic knife – to cut fruits, vegetables, and breads with. No need for parent supervision, it’s all about the kids!
Here is how to enter:
*One winner will be selected using Random.org on May 13th, 2013 at noon.
1. Like us on Facebook. Kids Kitchen
2. Follow us on Twitter. @leahsmithrd
3. Follow us on Pinterest. leahsmithrd
4. Share with a friend via the above social media sites. Comment under this post telling me you did so!
5. LAST, but not least, Post on our Facebook page a comment, photo, or video from the child wanting to win. Write or Show us what the child thinks it means to be a ‘Healthy Kid!’ Please include the age of the child when posting comment, picture, or video. I’d love to see some super cute kids telling me what being healthy means to them!
If you do all the above 5, your name will be entered 6 times. (For each action taken, your name is entered once.) If you complete #5, your name is entered twice.
Thanks for entering! Please share.