Check out this recipe fave from our birthday parties! Is it any surprise that pizza and pancakes have been the top requested menu selections? It is great fun to craft parties around what a child has envisioned. We recently held a pajama pancake party that was a dream-come-true for a special birthday girl. Party guests are led by an instructor through a recipe you choose. They cook together, eat together, and conclude with decorating the final sweet treat.
Are you planning an upcoming birthday party? Kids Kitchen can provide your party guests a fun hands-on kitchen experience along with quality food to eat. With an excellent staff and accommodating party space, we will make your celebration great and worry-free. Choose from multiple Party Package Options or we will work with you to design a more customized event.
- ½ cup all purpose non-bleached flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup corn meal
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1-cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Sliced bananas, blueberries or other berries, pear or apple slices, etc.
- Mix dry ingredients together well.
- Create a well and add wet ingredients and incorporate into dry mixture. Mix well, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat skillet to med/med-hi heat. Use a dab of olive oil or butter to create a non-stick surface in pan.
- After batter has been mixed thoroughly (don't over mix), add a scoop of batter to pan and cook. Makes approx. 8 medium-sized waffles/pancake.
- *Add your favorite fruit to create faces with eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair, mustache, teeth and more!
- *Drizzle with honey or maple syrup! Fun, cute and Yum!
- To make buttermilk; To 1 cup of milk, add 1tbsp lemon juice or vinegar & let sit at least for 5 min.